Thursday, February 21, 2008

She's finally here!

Laptops are really a wonderful thing - a computer that you take with you almost anywhere. However, they are not nearly so effective when the place you go doesn't have any internet connections! Seriously - in this day and age, you would think that a hospital would have wireless available - at least in the cafeteria or something. But no. So I couldn't update the blog, I couldn't read my email, I couldn't read other's blogs, and couldn't turn in my homework that was due - It's truely sad how dependent we have all become on the internet. Or is it just me?


OK, so enough of that!

I went in Tuesday morning, as planned, to get induced. They hooked me up and fast forward a few hours (and a lot of pain) later and out pops a baby! I'll save all the juicy details for later, but for now here she is:





She was born on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 at 2:54pm.
She weighed in at 7 lbs 4.9oz and was 20 inches long.


We haven't totally decided on a name yet, but we are seriously considering Julie, or Julia. Her middle name will be AnuenueLani, which is Hawaiian for heavenly rainbow - a story that I will also share another day. Oh, and it's pronounced ah-new-A-new-A-lan-E. Hope that makes sense.

Now I'm going to take a shower so I can feel somewhat like myself in the morning and head off to sleep and hope that our new little peanut will be inclined to sleep as well.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Lisa,

She is beautiful. I love the middle name! I hope you are getting your sleep and enjoying your new baby. Looking forward to hearing all of the details!

Love,
Teri

Ami said...

She's so cute! I also love the middle name. Grandma would love if you named her Julie!!! Wish I could come out and visit. Right now I am sitting on the couch watching the snow fall. We already have about a foot! I can't even make it to work:( Can't wait to see her and everyone else in July!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, isn't she the sweetest little baby you have ever seen? Congratulations to the two of you. Cameron called me to tell me the news. How lucky am I to get a phone call?

Give her a kiss for me.

I love you,
Aunt Lynne