Thursday, June 12, 2008

Some Totally Useful Trivia

Tomorrow - I promise - I will be posting pics and videos galore. Tomorrow's the day. But I do have some trivia to share today, but for once it's actually useful!

1. My friend Lorelei, who lives in Canada, is a co-author of a fabulous cookbook called The Big Cook. It's all about saving time, money, and sanity! Just what I need - if only I had some freezer space now.... Anyway - they recently posted a video on youtube. For some reason I can't get it to pull up here, but click here and it will take you right to it. You can also check out their website at thebigcook.com. These girls got a good thing going. And I just happen to own the cookbook and we've been trying out recipes as we go, yummy. It makes me really miss my big freezer. But I'm determined to make some room and whip up a few meals to have on hand for those days I need a supper break - wait that's every day!

2. Teething Tablets are my new best friend. Juliana is teething in a major way, is very grumpy and letting everyone know. Especially when it's time to go to bed. But teething tablets to the rescue! 2 little tablets in her mouth and about 5 minutes later she's conked out for the night. Really, I just gave her some before I started typing, and she is now sound asleep in my lap - ok, that doesn't sound so impressive when you didn't hear her screaming her lungs out for the 1/2 hour before.... Oh well, you get the point.

Off to bed with me. I ran 3.5 miles this morning (thank you very much) for my jogging class. I ran the entire time, no walking - this is a first, in the 8 times that I've had to run this route (2 times per each of the 4 times I've taken the class). I'm pretty proud, I'm also pretty tired.

Oh one more very important piece of news - one of my very best friends, Alesha, had her baby over the weekend - on my birthday to be exact. I haven't gotten a hold of her yet, but I hear that mom, baby and family are all doing great. I'm so excited for them!

Make sure to check back tomorrow....

No comments: