Sunday, June 8, 2008

Can I get you something to drink?

Totally Useless Trivia About Lisa

If you asked me what I would like to drink, and I could have anything thing at all that I wanted, I could narrow the choices down to 2 - and even then, depending on the season, temperature, and/or my mood, I could tell you exactly what I wanted. Of all the beveages in the world (at least the ones that I've tried), there are exactly 2 that I would call my very favorite - and currently I cannot locate either one. It's a sad, sad world. So what are they you ask?

The first is Stephen's Cinnamon Hot Chocolate - I absolutely love it. The fact that it's hot chocolate would imply that it would be hard for me to find here in Hawaii in the first place. Not really a hot item on the grocery shelves, no matter the season. However, even when I was visiting Utah last October, I hunted in every grocery store I could and still couldn't find any. We bought a whole bunch in December of 2006, we gave them out as our Christmas gifts that year, and I had about 5 cans that I brought here when we moved. Those lasted through the summer - I know, I'm weird and like hot chocolate no matter the weather or season. But I haven't been able to restock - I couldn't find it, I had relatives, friends, anyone that visited or lived in a wintery place, searching the shelves for me. I'm thinking they must have stopped making it.

My other favorite drink is Strawberry Kiwi Crystal Light. I know, it sounds weird, but I love the way it tastes. And it doesn't matter how thirsty I am, this juice does it for me. Sometimes even better than water. And honestly I'm not a water person - I like a little flavor. At our house we call it Watermelon juice. I'm not really sure how that got started, but it stuck. The kids all love it to. Our local grocery store has never carried the flavor, but the bigger store about 45 min away has always had it - until a few months ago. There's not even a tag on the shelf for the flavor anymore. And any employee that I have asked I'm sure just thinks I'm crazy, but I want to know why I can't find it anymore.

I miss my favorite drinks. I crave them. Substitutes, however good they may be, just don't do it for me. So keep your eyes peeled and pick up a few cans if you happen to find some on your grocery shelf - I'll even pay the shipping! I need a fix!

3 comments:

Liz said...

oh my gosh lisa! I LOVED stephens when i lived in utah! so so yum!! totally forgot about it until you reminded me!!

not so much with strawberry kiwi though. the orange burst is yum.

Kerry said...

Hey check this site out http://www.amazon.com/Stephens-Gourmet-Chocolate-Cinnamon-16-Ounce/dp/B000KFVAFY
I think it's only a holiday thing-but here you can get it..who knows if in Hawaii though. You should have told me before your Birthday! Not that we're big on giving gifts anyway.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I went to the Stephen's web site and I don't see Cinnamon flavor anywhere. http://www.indulgentfoods.com/ I'll bet it's a seasonal item.

And you do know Crystal Light is artificial sweetner, don't you? Bad stuff. Also couldn't find any of it.

And did you post a picture of your apron? Did I miss it?

Love you,
Auntie Frozen Toes