Friday, August 1, 2008

A Woman's got the have her Chocolate....

I'm am one of the luckiest gals on earth. I know you all think that at some point (well, hopefully not any guys reading this), and it's a good day when that happens. Actually one of my most recent good days was a month ago now - see I'm so behind on posting. My friend Lorelei (the one with the cookbook - see this post) had told me that she was sending me a birthday present (way back in June when it actually was my birthday) and that she was sure I was going to love it. It made me wonder what she was sending, because while we're pretty good friends, we really haven't known each other too long and haven't even met (in real life, we have through a web cam) - she lives in Canadia (hehe). Anyway, so I anxiously waited for my present and FINALLY found out that it had arrived and was sitting in the office here at our apartment complex for about a week. Anyway - it was Stephen's Hot Chocolate, the cinnamon kind that I love! She sent me a 6 pack - I'm set for a while now. It was such a pleasnt surprise and I've been thoroughly been enjoying it so far.

And then, the very next day I got a mystery package from my mother. Everytime she's in the states she sends a package of whatever misc. stuff she's picked up for me or Cameron or the kids. I never know when it's coming or what's in it, so it's always a fun thing to find in the mail. Anyway - I open this package and what do I find 5 big containers of Strawberry-Kiwi Crystal Light! Yeah baby! Now I'm really set. She also sent along some other great things - I book I really enjoyed by Catherine Coulter (I'm currently reading another of hers), some things for the kids, and the world's great ponytail holders! I'm not joking, they are the best. She sent me 3 of them and I'm still using the first one. Now that may should a little silly to you, but I go through your regular goody ponytail holder at a rate of about 1 per week. I constantly have my hair up, otherwise my neck get all sweaty (I know, nice image), and I'm re-doing my ponytail about 5 times a day, and it's up during the night, too. Probably not the healthiest thing for my hair, but that's how it goes. So you can see that I'm pretty tough on my elastics. I usually use one until it's too streched out or breaks and then I toss it, in about a week. But I've been using this ONE for over 3 weeks! Amazing and it's still going strong. I don't even know the brand, or where they can be bought, or even if you can buy them in the states (I think she got them in China), but they rock.

OK, I'll quit rambling on and on about my ponytail adventures. Mostly I just wanted to say a big

THANK YOU

to my mom and Lorilei for thinking of me and my beverage cravings - my tummy thanks you , too:)

No comments: