Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Fairy Tale from Paradise

Once upon a time, in the not so distant past... actually it was just last Monday, December 17th, my house was clean.

It was, it really was. Granted it was clean because we had our white glove inspection that day (we live in on-campus student housing at BYU-Hawaii, so we have these things), but as far as Cameron and I were both concerned it was a great reason to finally get the house in order. And it was - the kitchen was spotless, even the refrigerator, the bathtub had been scoured (by a dear, great friend), I had scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees, I actually put all my scrapbooking stuff away - not just hidden, actually organized. And I already mentioned the cleaning of all the screens and window slats. In fact the only room that wasn't totally spotless and organized was our master bedroom (and I'm beginning to think that is a lost cause - we just have too much junk). But even that was picked up and I could actually see the floor and even vacuum it.

But that is a thing of the past. You would think that you could keep a clean house clean, but it just hasn't happened. It's a disaster area again. Cameron told me to take pictures, but I didn't. I should have. Even if just for motivations sake.

Someday my house will be clean - though I'm sure it won't be any time soon. But it was nice for the less than 24 hours that it was. I will look back on that time fondly.

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Darling girl, you are living in a tiny space. How could it stay clean? I think you deserve pats on the back, trumpets trumpeting and high fives.

Love you and yours,
Auntie Lynne