Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday


OK, so I didn't get around to it last week, but here it is for this week!

Exercise: This is the last week of my jogging class, in fact tomorrow morning is the last time we meet, so I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do from now on. My sister suggested that I jog before I pick up Danielle from preschool and then walk home with her. That is a most excellent idea, and I think that I will try that - at least until it gets too hot to run at 11am. I should be able to do it for a couple more months. And that will get me moving 3 days a week (the other 2 I have class, so Cameron picks her up). Mondays I have my PE Methods class which usually involves dancing, or other PE related moving around, so that's a 4th day - I don't actually get my heart rate up, but I'm exhausted and sweaty by the end of the 2 hour class, so I think that should count. Plus I have hula on Tuesday nights for an hour, and that does get my heart rate up and is a GREAT leg/butt work out. So as long as I get my butt in gear and actually run when I'm supposed to I should be golden. I'll let you know how it goes.

Food: I've actually been trying to be a lot better about what we eat around here. I'm trying to incorporate more veggies into our meals and eating more fresh foods. The reasons behind this are 3-fold. The first is obvious, Me. I've been too comfortably sitting at 165 lbs, but I'd like to keep losing weight, plus I'm not going to be nursing for too much longer, so that a lot of extra calories a day that I'm used to consuming. Reason #2, Juliana is starting to eat "real" food (as opposed to that fake stuff she's been eating thus far, right?) and I'm trying to make sure that she's getting everything she needs. Again, especially since I won't be nursing her for too much longer. And finally -someone (who will go unnamed) recently found out that their cholesteral and blood pressure are a little too high, so we're trying to do what we can to remedy that before medication is involved.

No weight loss this week, since I'm reseting the counter and starting from today. My current weight (according to my crappy bathroom scale) is 168 lbs.

Goals for next week:
Exercise - to run all of my 5K tomorrow without stopping, jog on my own on Tues and Wed of next week, plus my Mon class (no hula next week) - so that's 4 exercise sessions before my next weigh-in.
Food - I've been craving chocolate like CRAZY lately, so I'm going to work to cut that out this week and find something healthier to snack on (and look it up on the internet to find out what my body needs to stop this craving).
Water - DRINK MORE, 'nugh said.
Weight loss - If I stick to it, I think I can lose at least 4 pounds. I'm not starting off cold turkey, I have been exercising for the last 5 weeks, so I think that's reasonable.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wow, I am so impressed. I can't wait until next Wednesday to hear how you are doing.

Tonia said...

You Go Girl! Between you and Elise I am going to have to jump on the bandwagon!

Kerry said...

I'm proud of you for keeping up with your goals! Good job! Working out is super hard for me in the winter-lucky you!